Training area: Disability Equality Training
Alex Foster has recently become an accredited Disability Equality Trainer having previously volunteered with the Toucan team.
Alex is currently working in the heritage and charity sector she has become a keen advocate for developing more accessible heritage after learning about the Social Model of Disability in late 2019.
Alex has plenty of lived experience of disability, as she was born with Cerebral Palsy. Outside of work Alex is a big Tennis fan and avid video gamer and has recently started a podcast all about gaming and feminism with like minded friends.
She hopes to use this platform and her passion for gaming to help raise awareness of barriers faced by disabled gamers and other equality seeking groups.
- Understand where attitudes come from and how they have changed over time
- Highlight the importance and value of the Social Model
- Gain a brief overview of the Equality Act and learn what is expected of service providers in the UK
- Be aware of respectful language and etiquette
- Create a more inclusive environment for staff, clients, volunteers, pupils etc
- PowerPoint presentation
- Group activities
- Video talk