Disability Equality Training Explained
Employees at all levels of your organisation probably need to be better informed about disability, including the practical issues that might arise.
Disability Equality Training will extend their understanding and help them capitalise on the value that disabled customers and employees bring.
All Toucan Diversity training includes sessions on:
- Disability equality.
Equality training Looks at how society affects a person’s experience of their disability. Your team will learn how disability is a social and human rights issue, rather than a medical problem.
Disability Equality Training structure / content
Because the aim of the training is to look at disability from a human rights angle, we discuss issues like:discrimination, isolation, how to remove barriers etc. We encourage participants to think about how they, personally, can help tackle these issues. Our training sessions are interactive. Participants are encouraged to engage in debate about issues.
- Understand where attitudes come from and how they have changed over time
- Highlight the importance and value of the social model
- Gain a brief overview of the Equality Act 2010 and learn what is expected of service providers in the UK
- Be aware of respectful language and etiquette
- Create a more inclusive environment for staff, clients, volunteers, be actively removing barriers.
- PowerPoint presentation
- Group activities
- Video work
- Half day ( 3,5hrs) or full day (5 hrs) or 1 hour (Bespoke version)
- Available face to face and virtually
Group Size: 15 maximum
Toucan Diversity Training is a proudly user-led organisation that specialises in raising awareness for issues surrounding disability. Our Disability Confident Leader accreditation means you can be sure you will be receiving the best training for your company.
All participants will be awarded a certificate of attendance. This course is CPD accredited.